BANDON – It’s National Hospital Week and Southern Coos Hospital & Health Center has been celebrating with the theme “We Are Healthcare” as they enjoy activities each day designed to show how much they are appreciated.
CEO Ray Hino had this message:
“Hello everyone, I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge National Hospital Week. This week, we celebrate the incredible work of healthcare professionals who work tirelessly to keep our communities healthy and safe.
Thank you to all the doctors, nurses, and support staff who make it possible. Your dedication and commitment to patient care inspire us all.
Let’s take a moment to reflect on the important role hospitals play in our society and show our appreciation for the people who make it all happen. Thank you.”
Employees and volunteers at SCHHC have been celebrating all week.
- Monday they received ice cream sandwiches handed out by Hino, SCHD board member Tom Bedell and his partner Janis Halstad and Plant Operations Manager Jason Cook.
- Tuesday — Wellness Day — was celebrated by gifting employees and volunteers each a plant provided by the Southern Coos Health Foundation from 101 Plants & Things and encouraging a self-guided Wellness Walk around the SCHHC campus.
- Wednesday, the Dietary Staff (with grilling done by Hino, Cook and SCHD board member Norbert Johnson) prepared a barbecue lunch of hamburgers, hot-dogs, baked beans, potato salad and strawberry shortcake that was enjoyed by all, including night staff.
- Thursday was History Day, where staff learned about the history of Southern Coos Hospital (did you know there have been four different locations of a hospital in Bandon?) and were treated to cupcakes for Florence Nightingale’s birthday.
- Friday was Employee Appreciation Day with gifts, rootbeer floats and popcorn for all staff and volunteers.
It’s been a busy week!
Take the time this week to thank a hospital employee for their hard work and dedication keeping our communities healthy and safe.
Enjoy the photos of Hospital Week at Southern Coos Hospital & Health Center!