Medical Imaging @ Southern Coos
Southern Coos Hospital Medical Imaging Department Now ACR Accredited for Computed Tomography (CT)
Accreditation Frequently Asked Questions
What should I know about radiation safety?
Before your imaging procedure be sure to ask your physician the following questions:
- Why is the test needed?
- How will having the test improve my care?
- Are there alternatives that do not use radiation and deliver similar results?
- Is the facility accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR)?
- Are pediatric and adult tests delivered using the appropriate radiation doses?
Why should I have my imaging exam done at an accredited facility?
When you see the gold seals of accreditation prominently displayed in our imaging facility, you can be sure that you are in a facility that meets standards for imaging quality and safety. Look for the ACR Gold Seals of Accreditation.
To achieve the ACR Gold Standard of Accreditation, our facility’s personnel qualifications, equipment requirements, quality assurance, and quality control procedures have gone through a rigorous review process and have met specific qualifications. It’s important for patients to know that every aspect of the ACR accreditation process is overseen by board-certified, expert radiologists and medical physicists in advanced diagnostic imaging.
What does ACR accreditation mean?
- Our facility has voluntarily gone through a vigorous review process to ensure that we meet nationally-accepted standards of care.
- Our personnel are well qualified, through education and certification, to perform mdical imaging, interpret your images, and administer your radiation therapy treatments.
- Our equipment is appropriate for the test or treatment you will receive, and our facility meets or exceeds quality assurance and safety guidelines.
What does the gold seal mean?
When you see the ACR gold seal, you can rest assured that your prescribed imaging test will be done at a facility that has met the highest level of imaging quality and radiation safety. The facility and its personnel have gone through a comprehensive review to earn accreditation status by the American College of Radiology (ACR), the largest and oldest imaging accrediting body in the U.S. and a professional organization of 34,000 physicians.
Why Use SCHHC’s Medical Imaging Department?
There are many reasons to trust us with your medical imaging care.
- Certified Technologists on site
- State-of-the-Art Equipment
- MDCT (Multi-Detector Computerized Tomography);
- CT Angiography (brain, chest, abdominal, and peripheral vascular studies)
- ACR / FDA Approved Facility for Mammography
- Supported by Nighthawk Radiologists/Virtual Radiologists for immediate preliminary readings