Nominate a Nurse for a
The Nomination Process
Printed nomination forms can be picked up and dropped off at our main hospital lobby, the emergency department, or at the primary care clinic. We have place DAISY Award boxes and banners in these areas so you can’t miss them! You may also download a hardcopy form DAISY Nomination Form, and bring it in to one of the drop-off boxes. If you would rather mail your nomination, please send it to:
Southern Coos Hospital & Health Center
ATTN: Kim Russell
900 11th Street, SE
Bandon, OR 97411
The DAISY Foundation
The DAISY Foundation was established by the family of J. Patrick Barnes after he died from complications of the auto-immune disease ITP in 1999. During his hospitalization, they deeply appreciated the care and compassion shown to Patrick and his entire family. When he died, they felt compelled to say “thank you” to nurses in a very public way. Please say thank you by sharing your story of how a nurse made a difference you will never forget!
The Daisy Award Committee will consider the following characteristics of each nurse nominated:
- Models empathy and demonstrates a caring attitude in all situations.
- Demonstrates extraordinary clinical skills in the delivery of compassionate patient care.
- Has a positive attitude and demonstrates professionalism in the work environment.
- Exemplifies the mission, vision and values of Southern Coos Hospital & Health Center.
- Establishes a special connection with the patients and families.
To learn more, please visit The DAISY Foundation.