Lead Dietary Cook – Full-time
Job Title: Lead Dietary Cook
Schedule: Full Time
Southern Coos Hospital & Health Center (SCHHC) has a full –time opening for a Lead Dietary Cook in the Dietary Department. The Lead Dietary Cook manages and oversees all dietary activities of the District. This includes supervising preparation of foods, maintenance of equipment, cleanliness of food service areas, training workers in performance of duties. Assigns and coordinates work of employees to promote efficiency of operations. Supervises the serving of meals. Inspects kitchen and dining areas and kitchen utensils and equipment to ensure sanitary standards are met. Keeps records, such as amount and cost of meals served and schedules for employees. Requisitions and inspects food, supplies, and equipment to maintain stock levels and ensure standards of quality are met. Assists in the annual work performance evaluations of employees. This is a “working management” position and the Lead Dietary Cook is expected to perform work in the department as necessary. This position reports to the Dietary /MM Manager.
The Lead Dietary Cook ensures the attainment of District Human Resources objectives through the selection, development, motivation, education, and evaluation of departmental personnel.
- Specifies personnel accountabilities and regularly evaluates performance.
- Establishes appropriate departmentalization and delegation.
- Develops and regularly reviews policies and procedures for the department.
- Assists Human Resources in developing job descriptions and ensures that each employee understands and has the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the job.
- The Lead Dietary Cook supervises the cooks, dishwashers, and dietary aides.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have knowledge of Geriatric Dietary needs and Therapeutic Diets.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Food Handlers Certificate required.
This is a full-time position with benefits.
Resumes are accepted at all times just email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are required at time of interview and available at the front desk of the hospital. We conduct background screen at the time of job offer.
Southern Coos Hospital and Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer, Veterans Preference, Smoke-free Campus.