Job Title: Patient Financial Services Manager
Start Date: Immediate
Post Date: 09/08/2017
Department: Patient Financial Services
Position Type: Full Time
Southern Coos Hospital & Health Center has an opening in their Patient Financial Services Department for a full time Patient Financial Services (PFS) Manager. The Patient Financial Services Manager is directly responsible for the supervision and coordination of all aspects of the billing cycle and the application of payments for the Billing Office. This position requires extensive contact with other Financial Services office personnel, medical staff, other hospital personnel and frequent contact with patients and/or their representatives in addition to routine contact with insurance carriers, local companies and physician offices, and contact with other hospital departments.
The PFS Manager ensures the attainment of District Human Resources objectives through the selection, development, motivation, education and evaluation of department personnel.
- Specifies personnel accountabilities and regularly evaluates performance
- Establishes appropriate departmentalization and delegation
- Develops and regularly reviews policies and procedures for the department
- Assists Human Resources in developing job descriptions and ensures that each employee understands and has the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the job. This is a “working management” position and the manager is expected to perform the duties listed in the job description in addition to supervisory functions. The Patient Financial Services Manager supervises the billing clerks, financial counselor and the AR Specialist. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have six to eight years Business Office experience or equivalent education required.
- Working knowledge of computer and 10 key calculators required.
- HFMA Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR) preferred.
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word and Outlook required.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Familiarity with insurance terminology and standard medical insurance practices essential required.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
This is a full time, exempt position.
Applications are available at the Front Desk of the Hospital, calling 541-347-4515 or emailing email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed, and interviews scheduled thereafter.
Southern Coos Hospital and Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer, Veterans Preference, Drug Free/Smoke Free Campus.