Job Title: Medical Laboratory Technician
Start Date: Immediate
Post Date: 04/03/2017
Position Type: Full Time
Southern Coos Hospital & Health Center (SCHHC) has a full-time opening for a Medical Laboratory Technician/Technologist in the Laboratory Department. This position works in the Clinical Laboratory, collecting, processing, and testing specimens submitted to the clinical laboratory. Responsible for reviewing and reporting results on specimens tested in the Clinical Laboratory. Performs quality assurance, and such maintenance as required, on instruments, testing material, and equipment. Ensures proper identification of patients, specimens, Health Care Providers orders, and other information, vital to Southern Coos Health District. Reports to the Clinical Laboratory Manager.
- Baccalaureate degree or Associate degree which meets National Certification Exam requirements required
- Required to meet CLIA 88 requirements as outlined in 493.1489 of the Federal Register Vol. 57, No. 40
- Required to maintain certification(s) of MT, MLT and/or CLS
- Required to successfully complete National Certification Examination
- Required certifications must be kept current through continuing education. Documentation of re-certification must be presented to the Manager of the Clinical Laboratory and Human Resources
This full-time position with benefits.
Applications are available online at the front desk of the hospital, by calling 541-347-4515 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled thereafter.
Southern Coos Hospital and Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer, Veterans Preference, Smoke-free Campus.