Job Title: Medical Laboratory Technologist
Start Date: Immediate
Post Date: 12/11/17
Position Type: Full Time
Southern Coos Hospital & Health Center (SCHHC) has a full-time opening for a Medical Laboratory Technologist in their Laboratory Department. The Medical Laboratory Technologist works in the Clinical Laboratory, collecting, processing, and testing specimens submitted to the laboratory. Responsible for reviewing and reporting results on specimens tested in the Clinical Laboratory. Performs quality assurance and maintenance on instruments, testing material, and equipment, as required. Ensures proper identification of patients, specimens, Health Care Providers orders, and other information vital to Southern Coos Health District. The Medical Laboratory Technician/Technologist reports to the Manager of the Clinical Laboratory.
• Baccalaureate degree or Associate degree which meets National Certification Exam requirements required.
• Meet CLIA 88 requirements as outlined in 493.1489 of the Federal Register Vol. 57, No. 40.
• Maintains certification(s) of MT, MLT and/or CLS.
• Successful completion of National Certification Examination.
• Certifications must be kept current through continuing education, if required. Documentation of re-certification must be presented to the Manager of the Clinical Laboratory and Human Resources.
This is a full time position with benefits.
Applications are available online, at the front desk of the hospital, calling 541-347-4515 or emailing email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled thereafter.
Southern Coos Hospital and Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer, Veterans Preference, Smoke-free Campus.