Medical Imaging @ Southern Coos
The Medical Imaging Department at Southern Coos Hospital and Health Center provides a wide range of capabilities for the needs of our community.
Announcing new Pristina Mammography, setting the standard in mammogram screening comfort and reliability.
Regular hours are from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm with around-the-clock staffing for emergency care.
– Certified Technologists on site
– State-of-the-Art MDCT (Multi-Detector Computerized Tomography); CT Angiography (brain, chest, abdominal, and peripheral vascular studies)
– ACR / FDA Approved Facility for Mammography
– Supported by Nighthawk Radiologists/Virtual Radiologists for immediate preliminary readings
Philip J. Keizer Jr., M.D.
Stephen Quinn, M.D.
The Medical Imaging Department is able to provide a wide variety of diagnostic treatments,
including the following:
– Vascular studies including Carotids, abdominal and small parts, arterial and venous.
X-Ray & Fluoroscopic Studies
Dr. Philip Keizer, Jr., staff Interventional Radiologist, offers imaging-guided, minimally invasive percutaneous (needle) biopsies and drainages. This technique, which is less invasive than traditional surgical methods, can be used for biopsies of the liver and lung, kidney, thyroid, adrenal gland, pancreas, bone, breast and additional soft tissue masses. This image-guided technique would also be available for draining abdominal and other abscesses.
Patients will receive:
• A less invasive diagnostic alternative to surgery.
• More convenience for themselves and their families with service closer to home for those on the south coast.
• More timely and accurate diagnoses.
If you are advised by your physician that you need a biopsy, ask about referral for the image-guided needle procedure available in Bandon. Appointments can be made by the care provider calling the Medical Imaging Department at Southern Coos Hospital in Bandon, 541 347-2426, ext. 258.
Southern Coos Hospital & Health Center features a brand-new GE Revolution EVO 64 Slice CT Scanner. The GE Revolution offers many advanced features for our patients:
- Scans faster so people will need to spend less time lying on the scanner.
- Less dose up to 82% dose reduction.
- Better imaging quality
- MAR or Metal Artifact Reduction
In addition to these features, the GE EVO scanner enables us to scan people with implanted devices–aneurysm clips, fillings in teeth, artificial hips or knees and spinal hardware–and substantially reduce the amount of artifact.
We are able to do 3D reconstruction. Our technologists are all registered in CT and have a great deal of experience.
We are now doing CT Angiograms(CTA):
- CTA Head
- CTA Neck
- CTA Chest
- CTA Abdomen and Pelvis
- CTA Aorta-Femoral run-off