Licensed Clinical Social Worker – Open Position
Job Title: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) – Family Practice
Start Date: Immediate
Post Date: 07/06/2017
Department: Southern Coos Health Center
Position Type: Full Time
The Southern Coos Health Center, located in Bandon, Oregon, seeks a behavioral health practitioner to work closely with primary care providers to increase access to behavioral and mental health services. The position will join a growing, robust rural practice with many opportunities to develop and hone clinical skills. Minimum requirement of 1 year experience working with a variety of therapy models and age groups.
The Southern Coos Health Center LCSW is responsible for working in consult with the clinic’s primary care providers, to support an efficient workflow between primary care and behavioral health services. The clinic LCSW will provide standardized counseling/talk therapy for patients with mild to moderate mental health conditions. The counselor will work to address other social needs of patients and will utilize area referral resources for needed specialty care, hospitalization, and/or advance psychiatric assessments and treatments.
Our health center serves a vibrant coastal community of retirees, families, and children. We are looking for an LCSW with a strong clinical background and a desire to develop a practice in a growing medical group. Join a committed and highly motivated medical team that values your input and participation. SCHHC is a Critical Access Hospital (CAH) serving the healthcare needs of approximately 12,000 residents.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work and licensure as a Social Worker in the state of Oregon is required.
- Two years’ experience post-licensure in behavioral health counseling and brief short-term therapy strategies is also required.
- Experience as a Behavioral Health Consultant in a Primary Care setting is required.
- The position requires an insurable driving record and a valid Oregon driver’s license within 30 days of appointment.
- The employee is required to maintain current and active licensures and certifications, as applicable, and to provide the appropriate verifications at the time of renewals.
- Experience and/or certification in the addictions field (CADC) is preferred.
- Bilingual and/or bicultural competencies for the Latino population is preferred.
This position is full-time. Position comes with a comprehensive compensation package, including a productivity bonus, CME opportunities and compensation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement, and a relocation allowance.
The mission of Southern Coos Hospital & Health Center is to provide “Quality healthcare with a personal touch.” There is no better place to make this philosophy a practice than in Bandon, at Southern Coos Hospital & Health Center.
Available Date: July 2017
For more information about this opportunity, please call 541.329.1040 or email email@example.com.
Southern Coos Hospital and Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer, Veterans Preference, Smoke-free Campus.