Job Title: Dietary Manager
Start Date: Immediate
Post Date: 05/10/2017
Position Type: Full Time
Southern Coos Hospital & Health Center (SCHHC) has a full time opening for a Dietary Manager. The Dietary Manager oversees all dietary activities of the District. This includes supervising preparation of foods, maintenance of equipment, cleanliness of food service areas, training workers in performance of duties. Assigns and coordinates work of employees to promote efficiency of operations, supervises the serving of meal and inspects kitchen and dining areas and kitchen utensils and equipment to ensure sanitary standards are met. Keeps records, such as amount and cost of meals served and hours worked by employees. Requisitions and inspects foodstuffs, supplies, and equipment to maintain stock levels and ensure standards of quality are met. Prepares work schedules and evaluates work performance of employees. This is a “working management” position and the Dietary Manager is expected to perform work in the department as necessary. Reports to the Chief Nursing Officer.
- High school education or GED required
- At least two years’ experience as head cook in a hospital setting; one year of supervisory experience in an institutional dietary service
- Completion of the Dietary Managers Course required
- Food Handlers Certificate required
- Must have knowledge of Geriatric Dietary needs and Therapeutic Diets
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
This is a full-time position with benefits.
Applications are available online, at the front desk of the hospital, calling 541-347-4515 or emailing email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled thereafter.
Southern Coos Hospital and Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer, Veterans Preference, Smoke-free Campus.