Job Title: Dietary Cook
Start Date: Immediate
Post Date: 11/30/2017
Position Type: Full-Time
Southern Coos Hospital has a full time opening in its Dietary department for a Dietary Cook. This position is responsible for preparing and serving food for hospital patients and staff. Sets up equipment and supplies in the kitchen for preparing and serving the next meal. Prepares foods utilizing standardized recipes; uses thermometers to assure meats and all other foods are properly cooked. Must be able to work independently and be self-directed while working closely with others. This position reports to the Dietary Manager.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Food Handlers Certificate required.
- Must have two years previous experience in institutional (hospital preferred) food preparation.
- Knowledge of current sanitation rules and regulations, therapeutic diets and geriatric nutritional needs is preferred.
- Must have ability to read and write, complete simple calculations, follow oral and written directions
This is a full-time, benefited position.
Applications are available online, at the front desk of the hospital, calling 541-347-4515 or emailing email@example.com to request an application. Applications will be reviewed, and interviews scheduled thereafter.
Southern Coos Hospital and Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer, Veterans Preference, Smoke-free Campus.