Clinical Lab Manager – Full Time
Job Title: Clinical Lab Manager
Department: Clinical Laboratory
Schedule: Full Time
Southern Coos Hospital & Health Center has an opening in its Clinical Laboratory for a full-time Clinical Laboratory Manager. The Clinical Laboratory Manager is responsible for strong leadership, direction, and administration of the District’s Clinical Laboratory Services by planning, developing, organizing, and evaluating the laboratory operations and performance. The Manager establishes standards for cost control, quality and safety as well as ensuring operational adherence to currently accepted standards of Laboratory Medicine. The Manager monitors utilization patterns of lab services and advises appropriate staff of developing trends in clinical service needs, and has comprehensive knowledge of accrediting organizations and what is expected when the department is surveyed.
This position ensures the attainment of Clinical Laboratory objectives through the selection, development, motivation, education, and evaluation of Clinical laboratory personnel as follows:
- Specifies personnel accountabilities and regularly evaluates performance.
- Establishes appropriate departmentalization and delegation.
- Develops and regularly reviews policies and procedures for the department.
- Assists HR in developing job descriptions, and ensures that each employee understands and has the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the job.
This is a “working management” position and the manager is expected to perform clinical laboratory procedures, quality assurance, and instrument maintenance in addition to being “on call” for scheduled times. They will supervise all clinical laboratory personnel. The Manager reports to the Director of Ancillary Services and collaborates with a designated Clinical Pathologist.
- Baccalaureate degree that meets National Certification Examination requirements required.
- Successful completion of National Certification Examination required.
- Meets CLIA 88 requirements.
- Strong managerial experience preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of laboratory equipment functions preferred.
- Certifications must be kept current through continuing education, if required. Documentation of re-certification must be presented to Human Resources.
This is a full time, exempt position with benefits.
Resumes are accepted at all times, just email to email@example.com. Applications are required at the time of interview and available at the front desk of the hospital. We conduct a background screen at the time of job offer. Employment with Southern Coos Hospital is contingent upon an acceptable pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Southern Coos Hospital and Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer, Veterans Preference and Smoke-free Campus.